BerryBots forums

It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Pretty excited to unveil this: http://playberrybots.com

Have fun and please send/post your feedback! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 am 

That's awesome, especially if it works well on my phone. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

cortezthekiller wrote:

Thanks! The only problem on phones / tablets is that Ace code editor has some issues - mainly you can't long press to see the magnifying glass / adjust the cursor. So I may switch to a plain textarea on iOS / Android.

Frohman wrote:
Looks real nice, I can't seem to run my bots on it - complaining of a missing 'end' for my first function?
Code:
Error loading file: player64479981.lua:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 8) near '<eof>'

(for sanic, similar for odi gravitas)

Weird, thanks for the report. Looks like the printing to file dies on any semi-colons - so in Sanic, you have "math.random();math.random();math.random()", which I think is safe to remove ;), and another line in your gameOver() has one. If I remove those, it works. I'll troubleshoot that in the next day or two.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Voidious wrote:
Frohman wrote:
Looks real nice, I can't seem to run my bots on it - complaining of a missing 'end' for my first function?
Code:
Error loading file: player64479981.lua:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 8) near '<eof>'

(for sanic, similar for odi gravitas)

Weird, thanks for the report. Looks like the printing to file dies on any semi-colons - so in Sanic, you have "math.random();math.random();math.random()", which I think is safe to remove ;), and another line in your gameOver() has one. If I remove those, it works. I'll troubleshoot that in the next day or two.

Scratch that, I figured it out. Had to manually handle semicolons when URL encoding the parameters to pass to the backend. Sanic works now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

cortezthekiller wrote:

I just updated it to use a plain textarea instead of the Ace editor on mobile browsers. So that's not quite as nice, but at least it works.

The bot/stage selection is really geared at total newcomers, too. There's no reason it can't support all the stages, multiple opponents, multiple code inputs (to play against your friends). It's something I'm still considering, so let me know if that's something you would make use of. I think it would go on a secondary "Advanced" page or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

The new web UI is (finally!) up, redesigned with AngularJS and really nice low contrast colors (c/o Solarized). Besides looking a lot better and working more smoothly, the big new thing is the "starter kit": you select from a few movement and gun options and they're wired up into a functional bot, which I think is pretty awesome and should help newcomers get off the ground quickly.

The strongest gun in the starter kit is actually a learning gun which aces the LaserGallery and crushes mostly everyone. That gun with the strongest movement (ripped from lasergallery.Swirls) actually beats (in 1v1) all sample bots and all known bots besides Sanic - including NightShade and Cortez_v1.

http://playberrybots.com